Wanted: Tips for Being The Best Stay At Home Mom I Can Be

Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I have ever had - yet it's by far the best. I started staying home about eleven months ago, with my then eight month old daughter. I thought I was going to have oodles of free time as she napped and we would have tons of time to play together. Little did I know naps aren't a given no matter how much you work to have a stable schedule. However making breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as doing the laundry, keeping up with my housework and all the house hold errands are a given. Yup, staying home was a bigger job then I realized and wanting the best for my daughter meant I needed to brush up on my preschool lessons as well as my ability to make a variety of meals that could provide my family with healthy options. I started adjusting to the demands and doing what I felt was a good job and really got into a nice groove right about the time my second daughter came along. Things got busier and I have been feeling my way through life as a stay at home mom. We have a schedule that works for us - and now that I live this life, I wouldn't want it any other way for me and my family. As a previous career woman I have a huge respect for both at home moms and at work moms and my goal is to share some of the things that make my life as a mommy easier - from recipes to crafts I hope what we do in our home can make it to your home and you'll enjoy it!



My daily posts include fun activties I am doing in real time with my kiddos, dinners I am making for my family, snacks, and some fun things I discover along the way. I hope they are things other moms can use as tips rather than recreating the wheel. Let me know what you think and lets share some tips because nothing is better than bragging about what you and your little ones can do together!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fenway Frittata - Sauage, Peppers, and Onions Egg Frittata

Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Frittata
A Breakfast or Lunch Treat


Saturday mornings at our house I like to try and make a large breakfast, and my family is a fan of sausage.  This morning, I was feeling a little home sick - so since I am a Massachusetts girl at heart I thought why not convert my favorite Fenway Park treat into our breakfast.  This worked out beautifully, not only did it taste great for breakfast but it would make the perfect lunch with a side salad.  My 19 month old ate what I think was her weight in this good morning treat, so in my book that would make this a homerun! 

This is a "two pan" dish, so if your hoping to get away with only a few dirty dishes, this won't work - however if you wanted to partially cook and refrigerate the night before this would make a great breakfast treat if you were expecting guests for brunch and wanted to get things together in advance.  Just partially cook, refrigerate, and finish cooking the next day and you'd have a dish that's sure to impress.

Here's how I made this:

1 package of hot breakfast sausage
1 bell pepper - chopped
1/2 onion - chopped
1 T chopper garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 T Italian Seasoning
8 eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 T Parmesan cheese
3 T olive oil
1 T butter
5 slices of provolone cheese
Cook Top - Medium
Bake at 350

To start preheat your oven to 350.   Brown your sausage and then drain the excess fat from it - set it aside. In an oven safe skillet heat your oil on the cook top.  Add the garlic, onions, and bell pepper.  Cook your vegetables until they have softened and the onions become translucent.  Add your black pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning.  Now add your butter to the pan.  Add the sausage to the pepper and onions mixture and stir.  In a mixing bowl mix your eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese - whisk until light and fluffy.  Add to your meat and vegetable mixture.  Top with 5 slices of Parmesan cheese.  Now remove from the cook top and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 20-25 min until cooked through and a light golden color (you can check by inserting a knife into the center).  I slice and serve mine hot. 

Hope you enjoy this treat! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment